Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Progressively Better

"And so I was provoked (displeased and sorely grieved) with that generation, and said, They always err and are led astray in their hearts, and they have not perceived or recognized My ways and become progressively better and more experimentally and intimately acquainted with them..." (Hebrews 3:10, AMP)

I don't think anyone likes to be wrong. And no one likes to be told they are in error either. This passage in Hebrews 3 reminds us to look at the Israelites as our example... of what not to do. Verse 10 particularly struck me, especially the last half of it:

        "...they have not perceived or recognized My ways and become progressively better and more experimentally and intimately acquainted with them..."

I do not want to walk through my life on this earth without truly perceiving and recognizing Yahweh's ways. I want to "become progressively better" and "more experimentally and intimately acquainted" with who He really is - not who "religion" says He is. There is a difference. In other words, I do not wish to know who man thinks God is; I want to truly know Him.

It seems to me that the way to keep ourselves from being in error and led astray in our hearts is to seek His ways, to know them, thereby knowing Him, and see Him for who He truly is.

How is this accomplished? What are you doing to "become progressively better" and become more "experimentally and intimately acquainted" with Yahweh and His ways?

No comments: